Over 7,715 youth leaders trained in Jesus-Focused Youth Ministry…591,000 students engaged with the Gospel in their schools.
In East Africa, 75% of the population is under 25 years old. Many young people have lost their parents to HIV/AIDS, and others engage in sex, drinking, pornography and drugs. Spiritually, many are turning to occult, animism, and eastern religions with Islam as a looming threat. Yet teenagers are receptive to the Gospel and youth leaders can go in to schools to speak about Jesus. However, because most lack training, churches miss many opportunities. East Africa's only hope is to reach and disciple the younger generation.
Charles Juma, a native Kenyan and veteran youth minister, along with 442 Eagle Leaders*, lead Reach Out's East Africa ministry in 13 countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
*Eagle Leaders implement Jesus-Focused Youth Ministry (JFYM), and then mentor others to do the same. Through this process JFYM multiplies.
In 2018-2019, we will continue to equip and multiply leaders in Eastern, Northern, and Central Africa who will influence the younger generation to follow Jesus. Seven goals will accomplish this purpose:
- Equip 1,200 new youth leaders in JFYM.
- Conduct 43 JFYM Forums.
- Provide ongoing training for the 7,715 leaders already equipped and certify 50 new Eagle Leaders who will mentor others through JFYM.
- Increase the number of Eagle Leaders who attend the Eagle Leader's Summits from 300 400 in order to encourage and equip our Eagle Leaders.
- Conduct 13 regional Summits in Kenya and one Summit in each of the other 12 countries.
- Develop country leaders and teams through our Eagle Leaders in order for those teams to lead trainings in their own countries, and eventually become fully functional, self multiplying and self-sustaining.
- Mobilize our Eagle Leaders to go into public schools where they have free access to communicate the Gospel to 80,000+ students each year.
Reach Out’s History in East Africa:
- 1,600 new youth leaders trained in 40 JFYM Forums.
- 50 youth leaders completed the Eagle Leader Certification, unleashing 442 total Eagle Leaders to multiply JFYM.
- 25 Eagle Leaders Summits were conducted—growing from 200 attendees in 2016 to 300 through 2017.
- 5,000 students were discipled by their youth leaders.
- 80,000 students engaged with the gospel in schools.
- 266 Jesus-Focused Youth Ministry Forums conducted
- 7,715 Youth Leaders equipped in JFYM
- 550 Eagle Leaders attendees the Eagle Leader’s Summits
- 442 Eagle Leaders certified to train others
- 591,000 students heard the gospel; 30-50% responding
- 13 nations involved
East Africa Ministry Updates